Advantages of Buying from Diamond Exchange.ca:
PRICE: We have the highest quality diamonds in the world, sourcing from the same cutters and polishers as some ultra-high end retailers, at 50 – 80% less than jewellery store prices. There are no hidden fees, duties or brokerage charges and you do not have to go through the risk and hassle of independently importing your diamond;
14 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If your diamond is not as described in the independent grading report and any correspondence from us, you may return the diamond with 14 days for a full refund or an exchange.
TRUST: All of our diamonds are guaranteed to be ethically mined and conflict free, and; the "4-C's" (Carat Weight, Colour, Clarity and Cut) of our diamonds are independently graded and certified to the strictest diamond grading standards in the world by the 4 most respected, third party, international Gemological Laboratories (GIA, AGS, IGI and EGL USA). Jewellery stores will often issue their own "in-house" and/or local appraisals, as opposed to a respected, independent, international laboratory certification, so they can exaggerate the quality of their diamonds' colour, clarity and cut.
LIFE-TIME WARRANTEE: Life-time Upgrade Policy for all GIA certified, 0.50+ carats, excellent and ideal cut round brilliant, cushion and princess diamonds, and; a Life-Time Warrantee that includes FREE re-sizing, cleaning and re-polishing for the life of your Diamond Exchange ring.
FREE DELIVERY: for purchases over CAD $1,500 within Canada to metropolitan areas;
SECURITY: One of our Diamond Jewellery Experts will personally guide you throughout the entire buying experience, and you are dealing with one of the world's most respected diamond jewellery companies, thereby ensuring that your financial interests are always secure.
PERSONALISED SERVICE: Create your own jewellery design or customise your diamond setting into a unique work of art that's been specially crafted especially for you or your loved one. Our jewellery design service will provide you with a computer rendering of your custom jewellery design for your approval prior to manufacturing, and Diamond Exchange customer service staff are always available to help you if you are not sure of your choice. Contact an experienced diamond professional for personal service and attentive help in finding your ideal diamond and/or ring:
TOLL FREE: 1866-339-9988
How to Order Your Diamond / Diamond Jewellery:
- If you are interested in purchasing any of the diamonds at www.DiamondExchange.ca, either as a loose diamond or set in a ring or any jewellery you desire, simply email us or phone toll free on 1866-339-9988 with the catalogue number(s), along with your preferred method of payment and desired delivery address (unless pick-up from our offices is preferred).
- We will email you the total amount, including payment instructions for wire transfer that you can simply print out and take to your local bank, or you may deliver a bank draft / certified cheque to our downtown Toronto offices. If you prefer to pay by Credit Card, please note there is a 3% surcharge for VISA and MasterCard payments and 5% for AMEX. For the security of our customers we accept Credit Card payments through PayPal.
- Your diamond will be delivered to your nominated address by FedEx priority courier within five to seven business days of the date you place your order and make payment. Please allow a further five to seven business days to manufacture a custom ring. If you require your diamond or diamond jewellery by a specific date or your order is urgent, please inform us accordingly ASAP and we would be happy to accommodate any reasonable requests.
- If it is convenient, you have the option of picking up your diamond or diamond jewellery at our office. The advantage of picking up at our office is that you have the benefit of consulting with one of our diamond and jewellery experts and having the reassurance of appraising your diamond with the aid of our 10 x magnifying loupe and diamond grading tools. Our diamond and jewellery experts are happy to answer any questions you may have about your diamond, and in the unlikely event that you may wish to return your diamond, exchange it for another diamond or request a refund, we can immediately attend to your request.
- We offer a 14 day, money back guarantee in case your diamond is not as described in the independent grading report and any correspondence from us, so if you order a diamond and it is not as advertised, you can return it to us within 14 days for a full refund or an exchange.
If you are unsure about your choice, please contact Diamond Exchange Customer Service by email or phone toll free on 1866-339-9988 for expert free advice. We are happy to use our expertise to help with your decision.
Our Terms of Trade:
- The diamond price quoted on the web is fixed for 24hrs from the time you express your interest to us and may be subject to change thereafter. Our margins are the lowest in Canada and rarely change. However, we sell diamonds all over the world, so our diamonds are priced in U.S. dollars, and then the local currency exchange rate is applied. Therefore, slight changes in our diamond prices are almost always due to fluctuations in the USD / CAD exchange rate.
- Delivery is FREE for purchases over $1,500 within Canada to metropolitan areas:
- We use FedEx Priority Overnight Courier and FREE delivery applies to all orders over $1,500 shipped to metropolitan areas within Canada. Shipping and handling fee of $50.00 applies for orders under $1,500.00 within Canada and shipments to rural areas. A $200.00 shipping and handling fee applies to deliveries within the U.S.A. and $300 for international deliveries and/or overseas shipments.
- Please allow approx. 5 – 7 business days for delivery of your diamond. If you have also ordered a custom ring / jewellery, please allow an additional 5 to 7 business days for delivery of your order. Delivery can be expedited in most cases, so if there is a particular date you have in mind, please email us ASAP or phone toll free on 1866-339-9988. We are happy to fulfill any reasonable and possible requests.
- If you are in the Toronto area you have the option of picking up your diamond direct from our Toronto offices:
- When your diamond is available at our Toronto office, we will contact you to make arrangements for you to pick up your purchase. If your diamond is being shipped to you, you will be notified of FedEx priority courier dispatch and provided a FedEx tracking number that you can use to track your order at www.FedEx.com.
Payment options and confirmation of purchase:
- Once you have decided on the diamond you with to purchase, simply place your order by emailing the stock number(s) to Service@DiamondExchange.ca or phone Toll Free: 1866-339-9988.
- We will email you the total amount and include payment instructions to set up a wire transfer (simply print out and take to your local bank). Wire transfer payments are quick and easy, and funds normally arrive immediately, meaning we can start processing your order straight away.
- Alternatively, you may deliver a Bank Draft or Certified Cheque to our downtown Toronto office, if that is more convenient for you.
- If you prefer to pay by Credit Card, we accept Credit Card payments through our partners at PayPal. Please email us or phone toll free on 1866-339-9988 to request details on how to make a Credit Card payment through www.PayPal.com. PayPal charges a 3% administration charge for VISA and MasterCard payments and a 5.5% administration charge for AMEX. Escrow service is also available for an additional service charge of 5% payable to the escrow agent regardless of the outcome.
- If you are paying by wire transfer, your diamond / diamond jewellery is considered to have been purchased only after confirmation of receipt of funds by our bank (RBC). Bank draft / certified cheques must be verified by our bank (RBC), before your diamond / diamond jewellery is considered purchased. If verified funds are not received within the 24 hour hold period, unless you've made other specific arrangements with us, the hold on your diamond will be released and it is possible that it may be sold to someone else.
- If you are paying by credit card, your transaction must be approved by PayPal before your diamond / diamond jewellery is considered purchased and we can begin processing your diamond order and/or manufacturing your diamond jewellery. PayPal can take up to 5 business days to verify and clear credit card transactions.
Refunds and Guarantees:
- Our 14 day, money back guarantee covers you in case the diamond you order is not as described in the independent grading report and any correspondence from us. If you order a diamond and it is not as advertised, you can return it to us for a full refund or an exchange within 14 days.
- If you order a specific diamond and it is not available for purchase after receipt of verified funds, any monies paid by you will be refunded within 24 business hours. Alternatively, if you wish, we will search for another equivalent replacement diamond for you.
- We inspect every diamond before it is shipped to you. In the rare and unlikely event that the diamond is not as expected we will refund your money or find a suitable replacement, as you wish.
We inspect every piece of jewellery before it is shipped to you and the quality of workmanship is guaranteed for every Diamond Exchange ring. In the rare and unlikely event that the quality of the ring is not as expected, simply return the ring to our Toronto offices and we will address all reasonable concerns at no cost to you.
- Delivery of the ring to our Toronto office is required and is the customer's responsibility. Shipping costs (if any) are the responsibly of the customer and will be refunded up to the value of $30.00 upon presentation of a receipt, once the imperfections with the ring are inspected by our manufacturing facility.
- If we shipped you a diamond selected from our database and you have not seen your diamond prior to purchase; You may return your diamond anytime within 14 days of receiving it if it's not as described in the independent grading report and any correspondence from us. Our money back guarantee is conditional only on the following:
For exchanges, there are absolutely no costs to you. You will be credited the full purchase price for your current diamond to the purchase of a new diamond. If your new diamond is less expensive than your current diamond, we will refund any balance owing to you for the difference in price.
- All diamonds must be in new condition without having been altered in any way. Where goods returned are GIA or AGS certified diamonds, authenticity shall first be verified by an independent and duly registered valuator before final settlement. Where the diamonds are IGI or EGL certified (or any other laboratory not mentioned above), then the diamond/s shall be verified by IGI (International Gemological Laboratory) before final settlement.
- The diamond/s returned must be accompanied by the ORIGINAL COPY OF THE MATCHING AND/OR IDENTIFYING CERTIFICATE(s). Returns not accompanied by all of their original documentation will not be honoured.
- For returns where our customer wants a refund and does not wish to exchange; Diamond Exchange will refund the full purchase price of the diamond, including taxes, provided the diamond is returned to our offices within the time-frame and manner specified above, less original shipping costs, credit card or bank surcharges (if any) and a restocking fee of $50.
- Refunds shall be made in the form of a cheque mailed to your nominated address and returns normally take a maximum of six working days to process from the date the diamond is received by us.
- ALL RETURNS SHOULD BE DELIVERED EITHER IN PERSON OR BY REGISTERED POST / COURIER TO:
DX Toronto Inc.
Brookfield Place, Canada Trust Tower
161 Bay Street, 27th Floor
Limitations & Exclusions:
- The money back guarantee is limited to diamonds purchased but not sighted, unless the diamond is proven to be different than advertised at the time of sale.
- Diamonds ordered from our website on-line inventory and that are picked up from our office, viewed with a Diamond Exchange Customer Service Representative and accepted in good condition cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For obvious reasons custom made jewellery is excluded from the return policy, however the quality of workmanship is guaranteed and the diamond component of the jewellery is included.
- When prices have been negotiated by the customer or their representative, the diamond cannot be returned or exchanged.
Life Time Warranty
Diamond Exchange offers a life-time warrantee on all rings and jewellery sold by our company. Our life-time warranty provides FREE re-sizing, cleaning and re-polishing every 12 months for the life of your Diamond Exchange ring / jewellery, and covers most minor repairs (i.e. tightening prongs, repairing dents or scratches), as well as some minor after-market design amendments (i.e. re-setting the diamond higher or lower, slightly adjusting the band thickness). If there are any costs involved for repairs and/or design changes, your Diamond Exchange Customer Service Consultant will provide you with a quote and discuss all the formalities with you.
Please Note: Delivery of the diamond ring / jewellery to our Toronto offices is required and is the customer's responsibility. Any shipping costs are the responsibly of the customer. Your receipt is your warrantee and is required as proof of purchase.
A re-rhodium plating service is available; however it is not covered by our life-time warranty and costs $88.50 (excl. tax).
Life Time Upgrade Policy
Diamond Exchange offers a life-time upgrade policy for all GIA certified, round brilliant, cushion and princess diamonds larger than 0.50 carats, that have been independently graded and/or advertised by us as "Ideal H&A" cut, "Ideal" cut, and/or; "Excellent" cut.
You may upgrade your diamond any time during your lifetime, 48 months after purchase from Diamond Exchange Canada. The upgrade diamond or purchase should be at least 33% (thirty-three percent) more expensive than the original purchase. The full purchase price of the original purchase will be credited to your new purchase, less original shipping costs, credit card surcharges (if any) and taxes, once the original purchase has been inspected and verified by an independent and suitably qualified appraiser.
Diamond Report Limitations:
When you order a diamond from Diamond Exchange, we always ship it to you with a respected, independent grading report from one of the following trusted, third-party, international gemological laboratories: GIA, AGS, IGI and/or EGL USA.
We do not grade our own diamonds, nor do we have any influence whatsoever on the diamond grades provided by the internationally respected, independent and stringent gemological laboratories that certify our diamonds.
The grading of Colour and Clarity is highly subjective and opinions can vary from one laboratory to the other. Diamond Exchange Canada makes no representation or warranty regarding any report, including and not limited to any other laboratory, institution or individual that may have a different opinion to the report supplied with the diamond sold. The grading of cut quality can differ from laboratory to laboratory, some laboratories may assign a cut grade based on proportion and others may assign a grade based on light performance.
Diamond Exchange Toronto Inc. prefers to assign cut grades based on visual and light performance (beauty) which may from time to time differ to reports based on proportion.
Relevant Information and Use:
- Verify your identity for payment authorization;
- Ship your order to you;
- Contact you regarding your order status;
- Personalise your shopping experience;
- Send you helpful information from Diamond Exchange Canada, and generate anonymous statistics.
Your personal information will only be shared with your credit card company and the party through whom your product is shipped. This shared personal information includes all the following Relevant Personal Information:
- Your name;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your street address;
- Your telephone number, and;
- Your credit card information (so we can authorize and charge the purchase).
- Your personal information is not distributed to mailing-list firms.